Poll: How was your first experience with Toastmasters in your Toastmasters Journey?

it was Amazing

it was fabulous

it was bad but i really enjoy myself

It was the time to be myself and loved it

Share your Stories in your Toastmasters Journey

Azizah British, PM5,PI5,DL5

Azizah British, PM5,PI5,DL5
Total Posts:  2
Joined  18-09-2022

28 October 2022 00:29

Hello Everyone,
I’m Azizah British and you can call me Zee,
I would like to share my first experience moment in my Toastmasters Journey,

It was Thursday Night somewhere in 2018, and one of my acquaintances invite me to a meeting,
my friend said we will get a free pizza, so I was really excited about the pizza, not the meeting, lol.
the meeting was held in one of the Pizza restaurants. I was kind of curious about what kind of meeting was because almost everyone was smiling at me.

I’ve been experiencing a hard time especially when people start to look at me from head to toe especially if I’m speaking English, because English is not my mother language in Jakarta, Indonesia. so I would tend to get bullied every time I’m speaking with my British accent to my friends outside of my English community from people nearby but I never cared.

but on that night it was really exciting and I was even brave myself to try table topics. and turns out I won the best Speaker one thing that really stunned me the most when I stand in front of the stage and wear just like miss universe the winner ribbon covering my body, and it was really cool. I started club’s popping from one club to another as a guest, looking favourite club for me because almost every club have their own culture and it’s beautiful.

that’s my first experience having a table topics session in my entire Toastmasters Journey. I even have not yet registered as a member until Feb 2020.
well, that’s my story with Toastmasters, how about you?

Noor Mohammad, DTM

Noor Mohammad, DTM
Total Posts:  2
Joined  11-09-2022

28 October 2022 01:33

Hi Z,

It was my wife’s collegue who was persistent in inviting us for a meeting.
The first meeting we went, they chained me to the VPPR role and that’s it. I have been hooked ever since!